I’ve Put Petrol in My Diesel Alfa Romeo, What to Do Now?
Put petrol in diesel Alfa Romeo? Don’t worry GMM1 is here to help you just with that. A lot of us make this mistake of putting petrol in diesel vehicles, in-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration. Give GMM1 a call now to get it fixed in no time and get your Alfa Romeo back on road.
When you fill a diesel Alfa Romeo with petrol, there is a serious risk that you will damage your Alfa Romeo’s engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risks further damage.
Petrol in Diesel Alfa Romeo Fix Specialists
If you have mistakenly put petrol in diesel Alfa Romeo, don’t panic as GMM1 has the right solution for you. We cover every Alfa Romeo model. What to do when you realize that you have filled up petrol in diesel Alfa Romeo, call your insurer as soon as possible and your breakdown company. If possible, put your vehicle in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot. GMM1 has expert engineers who drain your Alfa Romeo diesel engine at the cheapest online prices.
The best way to get your Alfa Romeo back on the road is to drain the tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 and are done by experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your Alfa Romeo engine from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Best Solution for Petrol in Diesel Alfa Romeo
One person every four minutes fills their diesel vehicle with petrol or petrol vehicle with diesel, which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting petrol in a diesel Alfa Romeo will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you’ve put petrol in diesel Alfa Romeo, follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your diesel Alfa Romeo to start again, all the contaminated fuel needs to be flushed from the fuel system and replaced with diesel. Call GMM1 now to get petrol drained from diesel by our wrong fuel experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled Alfa Romeo with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.